FSX Screenshots

PhrogPhlyer

Until the appropriate forum location is determined, this topic stream is a place to post screenshots taken in FSX.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

USS Macon flying over Manhattan 1933. Recreating another well know photo of a master of engineering during the golden age of lighter than air.

image.thumb.jpeg.300cd75f18f34586be830397e80e118d.jpeg

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Good morning Vietnam...  "Last one there buys a round!"

OV-10 Bronco FAC outbound from Bien Hua to mark target for a F-100 Super Saber. Two fine examples from North American Aviation/Rockwell.

image.thumb.jpeg.f0e08fbc66ea832ce45678554e8a9a64.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

Close air support. Never forget that we exist for one reason, to support the Marine on the ground.

F4U supporting Marines landing on an Iwo Jima beach, Note this is later in the campaign as you can see the 2nd & famous large flag flying on Mt. Suribachi.

This is A.F.Scrub's F4U (corsair_f4u1a.zip) with the FSX Scenery--Iwo Jima Scenery 1945 Update by Tom Stovall (iwojima1945sceneryupdt).

image.thumb.jpeg.b30bfc84b14d581dc102501f7915039a.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

The year is 1979, the place is NAS Whiting Field (south). Finally get to solo a helicopter, a Bell TH-57. 

Beautiful Florida morning, cleared to taxi, take off, then a short hop over to NOLF Spencer to practice autorotation, cut gun, HIGE, HOGE, and precision hover/taxi, working the ground boxes (hover maneuvering patterns of turns and taxi around a painted 50 ft. square on the ground).

I highly recommend this FSX aircraft to learn to hover/hover taxi. Take it slow and handle the controls with finesse. 

Used the TH-57 repaint for the base Bell 206 th57fsx.zip by Andrew L. J. Ford, and the FSX Scenery--NAS Whiting Field North And South scenery package knse_kndz.zip by Jim Dhaenens.

image.thumb.jpeg.50ac1945d8fcedc2f5a60605e08e5292.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.829d909ae7c9ba7ab1f3065c14eaa4d2.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

THE END OF AN ERA.

Reminiscing to my youth, when you’d get excited with a glimpse of one of these hangars through the trees driving through the New Jersey pine barrens. All the kids waving to the Navy blimps as they cruised past the beaches Seaside Park, Point Pleasant, and others. Then having a retired Navy Cmdr. and blimp pilot/CO as a teacher while in High School. Lighter than air will always be a part of my love for aviation.

This FSX screenshot is at NAS Lakehurst (now part of JBMDL Joint Base McGuire, Dix, Lakehurst). The scenery is FS2004 Scenery--Lakehurst NJ (Knelvera.zip) by Ray Lunning. While flying FSX Goodyear K-28 Navy Blimp (goodyeark-28.zip) by George Diemer.

image.thumb.jpeg.f13db75fad4797343d77c476d6209666.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

Phong -glad to see the FSX forum up and running and such fine examples of aircaft and scenery.  MSFS may have glitz but it can't touch the variety of aircraft and scenery - especailly vintage - available in FSX.  Hope to see lots more.

Thanks for the memories in these great shots.  BTW - is that OV-10 taking off from the ramp? 😀

35 minutes ago, BillD22 said:

Phong -glad to see the FSX forum up and running and such fine examples of aircaft and scenery.  MSFS may have glitz but it can't touch the variety of aircraft and scenery - especailly vintage - available in FSX.  Hope to see lots more.

Thanks for the memories in these great shots.  BTW - is that OV-10 taking off from the ramp? 😀

Thanks Bill.

Not a ramp R/O but an unauthorized low flyby of the ramp to wake up the fast movers. 

And its "Phrog" as in "Frog" as we called our beloved H-46's.

Looking forward to sparring with memories as we move forward in this great forum of FlightSim.

phrog x 2.jpg

I have always loved this photo, imagining that our USN liaison was living a life similar to what we saw in the film Casa Blanca. Spies and intrigue abound.

Here is my FSX recreation of this moment in 1944.

image.thumb.jpeg.51596b6a56f4aa99686ecd25155023a7.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

The USS Macon and her sister ship the USS Akron were the pinnacle of US lighter than air technology in the early 1930's. Here she is sailing through the ocean of air on a smooth moon filled night.

image.thumb.jpeg.82a566a97fa3c6aac29afd2aeb231afc.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

Must have been an awesome sight to see.  The closest I've ever been to airships was seeing the old hangars for these guys at NAS Moffett Field and once when the Goodyear blimp flew over our house on the way to a Jacksonville Jags football game.  The size of the hangars was truly impressive.

Woke up to a cold crisp sun filled morning. Perfect to exercise the FSX default Piper J-3 Cub. Drive to Aeroflex-Andover (12N) in northern New Jersey, Using the wonderful scenery package by Curtis Weeman.  12naerfl.zip

Prefilght.

image.thumb.jpeg.6a034a6abb08519db844f5c06c50ff50.jpeg

Taxi past the sleeping classics. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9d12803227a60092a84d6d487f05d444.jpeg

Lineup, no one else in the pattern. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ab16609fee421bc42ef13c4b1cdc4b46.jpeg

Slowly pull back now...

image.thumb.jpeg.fde72b2b615ee3583abbab8584c4bfe3.jpeg

Yippee!!!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.80e240c4d94f5dafbbee2f55b9ee9f54.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

5 hours ago, Macroburst said:

Beautiful Phrog!

Hopefully there was a moment after preflight checks to  insert an insulated flask of coffee in the non oem cupholder. A brisk morning like that is enhanced with a slug of hot joe!

Thanks Macro. Actually, grabbed hot sausages and coffee here next to the flight line. Friendly staff at 12N! This is part of the great scenery package.

image.jpeg.12b934d2dc95b8a3a9eaecb9c734fee4.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg