PMDG 747 free downloads.

Cas141

Hello.

Now that FSX PMDG 747 is no longer available to purchase, I see there are some sites from which it can be downloaded for free.?
This seems too good to be true, so is it?

Also, if and when downloaded, does it still need to be activated or whatever online.?

I only play FSX offline, so the answer to the last question may save further query 😀

TIA

Making PMDG's 747 freeware is enough of an event that if it hasn't been announced here or on AVSIM then it's pirated software.

• Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

58 minutes ago, Cas141 said:

Hello.

Now that FSX PMDG 747 is no longer available to purchase, I see there are some sites from which it can be downloaded for free.?
This seems too good to be true, so is it?

Also, if and when downloaded, does it still need to be activated or whatever online.?

I only play FSX offline, so the answer to the last question may save further query 😀

TIA

Yep, that would very much be in the "too good to be true" category, aka piracy. Unless PMDG have released it for free themselves, consider it still very much under their control. Those pirated downloads could very well have some unwelcome additions included too.

• Thanks 1

Yep!  Those listed are pirated and by the comments of those that tried it....it don't work so well! 🤔

36 minutes ago, loki said:

Yep, that would very much be in the "too good to be true" category, aka piracy. Unless PMDG have released it for free themselves, consider it still very much under their control. Those pirated downloads could very well have some unwelcome additions included too.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thank you very much ,  nice to have my suspicions confirmed.

I had been to the PMDG website and couldn’t see offer for it on sale.Seems it’s MSFS 2020 or nothing. It crossed my mind that maybe they had released it (for free).Or did I miss something on their site?
Thanks again

SEE

33 minutes ago, Cas141 said:

Thank you very much ,  nice to have my suspicions confirmed.

I had been to the PMDG website and couldn’t see offer for it on sale.Seems it’s MSFS 2020 or nothing. It crossed my mind that maybe they had released it (for free).Or did I miss something on their site?
Thanks again

Nope, they probably  decided that they don't want to support the FSX version.  The same with SIMStarter NG, et. al.

• Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

Worst case scenario...try it and see if it does.  Wouldn't count on it!  It won't automatically find FSX to install since it will be looking for FS2004.  Wonder if it will allow installing to desktop and then you manually place the folders?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

On 1/26/2023 at 11:21 PM, mrzippy said:

Worst case scenario...try it and see if it does.  Wouldn't count on it!  It won't automatically find FSX to install since it will be looking for FS2004.  Wonder if it will allow installing to desktop and then you manually place the folders?

Hmmm,  That's a thought but I don't want to risk messing up my FSX as it is.  Is that a risk, or would system restore undo any mess up I might make, do yo think.  Ill see what  FS2004 forum might advise as well.   Thanks for your input Zippy. You're always encouraging.

20 hours ago, Cas141 said:

Hmmm,  That's a thought but I don't want to risk messing up my FSX as it is.  Is that a risk, or would system restore undo any mess up I might make, do yo think.  Ill see what  FS2004 forum might advise as well.   Thanks for your input Zippy. You're always encouraging.

If you're installing the genuine product should be no issues. At worst you can uninstall it and all should be fine.

Mark Daniels

On 1/26/2023 at 11:50 PM, Cas141 said:

I have the disc pack,of PMDG 747, Queen of the Skies for FS2004…….Can this be installed , somehow , in FSX. ….and work😀??

When going from FS2004 to FSX, MS discontinued quite some gauge types.
You might get it installed manually, but you won't get it working. Not worth the effort.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

4 hours ago, f16jockey_2 said:

Not worth the effort.

I agree, maybe 1 in 10 FS2004 to FSX actually work for me, Hats off to those who do the conversion and then publish the file here.  I Have several of those.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.