CowanSim Releases B206 For MSFS

Adrian K

(Initial post was January 2nd but disappeared in new site)

Now available for MSFS. Designed by CowanSimulation, an award-winning helicopter designer

PS: To discuss anything helicopter, use the discussion forum: MSFS 2020 Helicopters - FlightSim.Com

The B206 is a family of two-bladed, single- and twin-engine helicopters. The 206B3 features an upgraded Allison 250-C20J engine. It has a range of 370nm.

This is a highly-detailed model by CowanSim, with an accurate flight model.

Features:

• Detailed Paint Kit
  • Tested and Zeroed in by Real Pilots
  • Realistic start up procedure
  • SAS & Autopilot (when AP for helicopters is available)
  • Pilots & Passengers
  • Floats
  • 75 Paint Jobs (liveries)
  • Dynamic Weight Options
  • Spot Light (will be functional is later update)
  • Spray Kit (will be functional is later update)
  • Cineflex Camera (will be functional is later update)
  • Wwsie Fully Dynamic Sound Pack
  • Virtual Reality Ready
  • Realistic Flight Dynamics
  • 4K PBR Textures
  • Custom 3D instruments
  • Detailed Night Lighting
  • Free Future Updates

Purchase 206 B3 by CowanSim

MSFS_COWANSIM_206B3_08.jpg.5f638ec09d763614275485e6283d64db.jpg

Having flown the JetRanger in real life, the details in this model are amazing. 

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

On 1/21/2023 at 11:38 AM, PhrogPhlyer said:

Having flown the JetRanger in real life, the details in this model are amazing. 

It certainly looks the part!  How does it fly Phrog??  I've yet to find a sim that IMHO replicated the flight control actions of a chopper.  I'd love to find one that was as accurate as most fixed wing modeling is.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

49 minutes ago, Rupert said:

It certainly looks the part!  How does it fly Phrog??  I've yet to find a sim that IMHO replicated the flight control actions of a chopper.  I'd love to find one that was as accurate as most fixed wing modeling is.

I only fly in FSX, but this model really has great visual detail. In FSX I'm still getting a feel for the many helos. Biggest problem is flying flying from any cockpit view. Without a good 45 deg wide view, nearly impossible to perceive drift. Getting better with practice. Slowly writing a review of handling characteristics for several FSX helos to upload as a tutorial/new helo flyer article. Just need to figure best video capture (easy is what I need).

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:18 PM, PhrogPhlyer said:

I only fly in FSX, but this model really has great visual detail. In FSX I'm still getting a feel for the many helos. Biggest problem is flying flying from any cockpit view. Without a good 45 deg wide view, nearly impossible to perceive drift. Getting better with practice. Slowly writing a review of handling characteristics for several FSX helos to upload as a tutorial/new helo flyer article. Just need to figure best video capture (easy is what I need).

I know exactly what you mean.  That's why I use three screens with a slightly to the left view but not overlapping, a straight on view, and a not overlapping slightly to the right right view to give an almost 3D effect when flying FSX.  And that is exactly why I don't like the new sim.  It won't give me that multiple screen views option.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.