I use an Oculus Quest 2 and very happy with it especially due to price.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

I use the HP Reverb and I LOVE IT!!!!

Can't speak as to the others, only bought/used the HP

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

It's best to try a VR HMD before you buy.  Any make/model will do, just to give you an idea of what VR tech really looks like.  Be aware that even with the best of hardware, VR in MSFS is incredibly demanding; its image quality and performance pales in comparison to a 2D display, i.e. computer monitor.   That being said, as yet another HP Reverb G2 user, I gladly live with VR's deficiencies and required hardware's steep price of admission (check my computer specs in my sig).

Rod O.

MSFS or BUST!: i7 10700k @ 4.9Ghz, 2x16GB DDR4 @ 4000 cas 16, evga RTX 3080 ti FTW III

My first VR headset was an Oculus Rift S but was sorely disappointed with the resolution. The screen pixels were large and it was like putting your face up against a screen door and looking through. You could see the hollow black squares on the screen. I ended up getting a HP Reverb G2 VR headset and still am very impressed with resolution and it has no screen door effect. 

Regards

Kevin

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I borrowed a Quest2 for a week and found it fiddly to put on and take off with glasses, a bit of a pain to set up and the performance and quality of textures was not grreat either.  Furthermore, at times I felt quite sick (though people say you get used to it).

As a result, I bought a larger 2k monitor and am considering going down the TrackIR route in the near future.

The Reverb G2 is apparently a lot better, though quite expensive from what I've read.

VR will improve in quality and price in time, so I will probably reconsider at some point.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

"As a result, I bought a larger 2k monitor and am considering going down the TrackIR route in the near future."

I am a BIG fan of the economical GrassMonkey IR Tracking systems. Small company, great customer service. I run a 32" curved monitor and enjoy being able to also see my surroundings and keyboard...... AND my coffee cup- lol 

Grass Monkey

Caveat - I realize that MY PC hardware would never be up to the substantial demands of a real VR system even if I could afford one.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

5 minutes ago, chicagorandy said:

AND my coffee cup

An absolute MUST!!!

Interestingly, we went through the same issues the VR goggles have, when starting to fly with night vision goggles in the '80's. We started with the full vision restricting goggle worn by tank crews. Then created "cutaways" by removing lower half of the frame so could see inside the cockpit, eventually going to just the NVG binocular tubes attached to the front of the flight helmet. Hmmm, wonder if can create cutaways with a cheap VR set?

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

4 hours ago, cianpars said:

I borrowed a Quest2 for a week and found it fiddly to put on and take off with glasses, a bit of a pain to set up and the performance and quality of textures was not grreat either.  Furthermore, at times I felt quite sick (though people say you get used to it).

As a result, I bought a larger 2k monitor and am considering going down the TrackIR route in the near future.

The Reverb G2 is apparently a lot better, though quite expensive from what I've read.

VR will improve in quality and price in time, so I will probably reconsider at some point.

I too am a glasses user and I use mine with the Reverb all the time,  I have found that I just have to be carefull when putting the headset on and taking it off.  Yes, it was a touch expensive (something the wife mentions from time to time, lol), but the experience while using them is awesome!!!!

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I purchased a set of VR prescription lenses online for my G2 headset. They just pop on over the two displays and now no glasses needed. They were about $65 + shipping.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.