AI Separation no longer working?

Skywatcher12

I use AI smooth and have the same thing. Doesn't work unless run as administrator. No biggie for me still works.

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

16 hours ago, SCM0616 said:

I've had to run it as administrator since Win10, I think, for it to connect.

16 hours ago, Mowgli22 said:

I use AI smooth and have the same thing. Doesn't work unless run as administrator. No biggie for me still works.

Ok, I don't have a problem with AI Separation it does work, just wanted to demonstrate how Windows 10 broke FS9.

I'll continue this on here:

Mark Daniels

7 hours ago, Skywatcher12 said:

Ok, I don't have a problem with AI Separation it does work, just wanted to demonstrate how Windows 10 broke FS9.

If it runs by changing a simple option, then it's not broken.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

12 hours ago, JSkorna said:

If it runs by changing a simple option, then it's not broken.

Oh, the other thing, I'm sure no one has ever checked if it still functions correctly when switched to admin.
It "likely" does but just because it connects again, doesn't guarantee it still works the same.

Mark Daniels

11 hours ago, Skywatcher12 said:

Yes, you can fix it but then you'll break something else.
You can't have your cake and it too.

So what breaks if you run a program "As Administrator"? Do you even know?

19 hours ago, JSkorna said:

So what breaks if you run a program "As Administrator"? Do you even know?

No, not one in particular. Haven't tried. I've mentioned this as I don't waste my time trying to find things that break.
If you would like to wager me some $$$ I'll find one for you. I guarantee I can find an add-on that won't work correctly. 😉

Mark Daniels

OK, LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You name the program, show how running As Administrator causes it to not run correctly, and I will supply you with a LIFETIME supply of tin foil for your hats!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JSkorna said:

OK, LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You name the program, show how running As Administrator causes it to not run correctly, and I will supply you with a LIFETIME supply of tin foil for your hats!

This isn't Windows XP we are using these days. It's Windows 10 and 11. Things don't work the same on these operating systems.
When you run old software designed for the older operating systems, many things change as to how they will now work on Windows 10 and 11.
It's very different to Win XP/7/8.

As I'm only getting some tin foil, of which I certainly don't want some, I won't waste my time finding samples.
I have showed this forum integrated graphics doesn't work.
I have showed this forum how changing admin settings can stop other programs working.
If this is not enough and you now need me to show you how changing all programs to admin will stop some of those programs working, sorry, you will have to just take my word for it based on the other things I have already shown.
I honestly have better things to do.

Mark Daniels