ATC doesn't handover to Control during flight

paulbrouwer

What is your departure airport and also arrival airport?  Control?  Do you mean Center?  Example:  KSFO to KLAX.  After leaving KSFO Departure, I would be handed off to Oakland Center then handed off to Los Angeles Center.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I just fly this Flight Plan again. At the active runway R27  I contacted Schiphol Tower after Schiphol Ground. When airborne Tower handed over to Schiphol Departure. Then over to Rotterdam Approach and after that to Schiphol Departure again. After a while there was a handover to Approach (123.575).

Long way over the border with Germany (7.2 NM before HMM) the ATC window changed into "No messages to transmit - Nearest Airport List" (see attached Print screen).

But my question is then: Why am I dropped from my IFR plan?

ATC .jpg

If you're using an add-on EHAM airport or AFCAD, there are some Comms frequencies missing.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

7 minutes ago, paulbrouwer said:

My IFR Flight starts with Schiphol Clearance Delivery and then hands over to Schiphol Ground to get taxi approval. Afterwards I contacted Schiphol Tower.

I'm using the FSX Add-on "Mega Airport Amsterdam" from Aerosoft.

Aerosoft's Mega Airport Amsterdam should work perfectly, maybe the installation has become corrupted? As a test, try disabling or uninstalling it and see if a flight from the default EHAM works.

• Like 1

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64