Thrustmaster T.16000M -- Twist Handle (Z-Axis/Rudder) Issues.

I'll start of by saying that this may not be the best location for this topic, but I can't find a forum section for "gaming peripherals", so I'll post here, and the admins can always move it later, if they see fit.

I am having issues with my joystick (brand and model in title), where the z-axis (twist handle) will not turn the rudder smoothly when, slowly twisting the handle.  It jitters and stutters as I turn the handle left, and struggles at first to move right-- favoring the left side.

If I make repeated full twists back and forth, it used to negate the instability and fix the problem.  However, now that no longer works.  I cannot find the program in my computer to re-calibrate the joystick, so I'm not sure how I can fix this problem.  Are these joysticks with twist-handles for the z-axis, notorious for calibration and jittering issues?

This was a seemingly more robust joystick than my old Logitech 3D-PRO, which was trouble free for a good 10 years, so I thought it a shoo-in that it would give me less problems.  However, so far, I'm a little disappointed after just only a year-and-a-half.

Any suggestions as to how to access the TM calibration menu on my windows 10, or anything else which may fix the problem?  Thank you.

I don't think there's a way to edit my text from the above post, so I'll just put my EDIT here:

I found out how to get into the Thrustmaster calibration menu in my computer, so disregard that part.  However, it still didn't fully fix the problem, so achieving that was not so helpful afterall.

I'm not on my flight sim computer at the moment, but I'm quite sure that under OPTIONS/HOTAS, there is a selection named SENSITIVITY at the top of that left panel. If you haven't already done so, you may want to toy around with the Z Axis settings. May not be your problem but I've improved several issues doing such.  

5 hours ago, budreiser said:

I'm not on my flight sim computer at the moment, but I'm quite sure that under OPTIONS/HOTAS, there is a selection named SENSITIVITY at the top of that left panel. If you haven't already done so, you may want to toy around with the Z Axis settings. May not be your problem but I've improved several issues doing such.  

Thank you.  I shall give that a try.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a problem with the T.16000 stick.  I’ve had one for quite a while and after MSFS 2020 came out it got a lot more use and became a problem.  You’ll probably notice in an external view that the rudder is moving by itself occasionally.  It’s not something that you can really “fix” with sensitivity adjustments.

There are YouTube tutorials about how to take the stick apart and clean it.  I’ve don’t that twice and it works for several months, but the problem returns.  I’ve recently switched to the Airbus version so we’ll see if that holds up better.