FS 2002 Graphics in middle

djtnm

I have a regular laptop, hp620, although it supports graphics on high, I always value decent frames. I put it on medium, I click extend textures, textures and lights at dusk, I don't know why I feel satisfied with the graphics like that, is it just me?
I think I value imagination more than graphics on high, even when I put autogen on maximum, I had a drop in framerates in which I prefer to keep my frames high. When I put it on the dense or normal setting (which I use), Complexity Dense (I use it that way too) it's light and very good.I like the 2002, I'm satisfied, I have along with that I have addons bought cheap on ebay FStraffic 2002 from just flight, abacus Airbus fleet and the A380. The frames are wonders this way.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MAD1 said:

Goldilocks zone

OK, that definitely made me laugh!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• 3 months later...
On 1/30/2023 at 12:45 PM, djtnm said:

I have a regular laptop, hp620, although it supports graphics on high, I always value decent frames. I put it on medium, I click extend textures, textures and lights at dusk, I don't know why I feel satisfied with the graphics like that, is it just me?
I think I value imagination more than graphics on high, even when I put autogen on maximum, I had a drop in framerates in which I prefer to keep my frames high. When I put it on the dense or normal setting (which I use), Complexity Dense (I use it that way too) it's light and very good.I like the 2002, I'm satisfied, I have along with that I have addons bought cheap on ebay FStraffic 2002 from just flight, abacus Airbus fleet and the A380. The frames are wonders this way.

“I value imagination more than graphics…. I like the 2002, …it’s light and very good…” . These words precisely describe what I feel too. Very lightweight sim that has minimal hardware requirements and never crashes…

FS2002 has off course some drawbacks, but it’s fun. More flying, and generally less fooling with settings. It just works.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 7:34 AM, David25210 said:

“I value imagination more than graphics…. I like the 2002, …it’s light and very good…” . These words precisely describe what I feel too. Very lightweight sim that has minimal hardware requirements and never crashes…

FS2002 has off course some drawbacks, but it’s fun. More flying, and generally less fooling with settings. It just works.

Exactly. I bought three addons on ebay and I have original box FS 2002. Never Crashes you are right.

Hmm, glad to hear FS2002 still lives, at least for some people. I haven't got my sim back up and running yet, need to build a new sim PC. Because I'm cheap, and got FS2000 and FS2002 for nothing (got the original boxes, all more or less pristine), and also philosophically, like the others in this thread, I just want to fly, not fiddle, and imagination is better than eye candy, and also the fact it runs on old hardware and operating systems, low demand on resources, it's good enough for my needs. So perhaps I'll keep it and not chuck it in the bin. Would like eventually to get into group flying, so was thinking to buy off e.g. eBay, FS2004, but unsure if can still connect into e.g. VATSIM and fly with others. Any thoughts guys on the lowest end / simplest /cheapest way I could get into group flying on the major sim networks?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 2:58 AM, MAD1 said:

Hmm, glad to hear FS2002 still lives, at least for some people. I haven't got my sim back up and running yet, need to build a new sim PC. Because I'm cheap, and got FS2000 and FS2002 for nothing (got the original boxes, all more or less pristine), and also philosophically, like the others in this thread, I just want to fly, not fiddle, and imagination is better than eye candy, and also the fact it runs on old hardware and operating systems, low demand on resources, it's good enough for my needs. So perhaps I'll keep it and not chuck it in the bin. Would like eventually to get into group flying, so was thinking to buy off e.g. eBay, FS2004, but unsure if can still connect into e.g. VATSIM and fly with others. Any thoughts guys on the lowest end / simplest /cheapest way I could get into group flying on the major sim networks?

Yes Mad, I m very satisfied. I almost never use addons, aways fly with defaults. No crashes, no messy, high frames e fun. I can tell you my addons sometimes are dispensable

Just now, djtnm said:

Yes Mad, I m very satisfied. I almost never use addons, aways fly with defaults. No crashes, no messy, high frames e fun. I can tell you my addons sometimes are dispensable

Forgot to say I have also fs 98 xclusive edition in cd, decent pristine

FS 2004 I think is not running in Windows 10, otherwise I was thinking maybe buy, but very satisfied with 2002

On 7/8/2023 at 2:56 PM, JSkorna said:

If you know what to do, FS 2004 runs just fine under Windows 10.

I tried and did not get success, install everythink and even I using no CD patch, no way work.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

G'day boys. am 'back in the saddle again'. Installed FS2002 on an old laptop Compaq Presario with Win Vista Home Edition on it. Amazed, it all just worked, great smooth frame rates. Just did my second flight from the default Meigs Field, Chicago.

8 minutes ago, MAD1 said:

G'day boys. am 'back in the saddle again'. Installed FS2002 on an old laptop Compaq Presario with Win Vista Home Edition on it. Amazed, it all just worked, great smooth frame rates. Just did my second flight from the default Meigs Field, Chicago.

Congrats and welcome back! FS2002 rocks.

• Thanks 1

Thanks David2510. Glad somebody has read my post. Been a long time since I looked at the FS site, noticed yesterday that there doesn't seem to be much recent activity in The Outer Marker, or here in FS2002 channels. Maybe David2510 we could buddy up, via this channel, and share some flying stories, with anybody else who is still active in this FS2002 channel. Have taken a short video and some pics of my setup. Once I decrease the pic filesizes, I'll post my little story here.

Having done my re-inaugural flight from Meigs, Chicago, I switched airports over to Brisbane International, Australia, ready for my next adventure. Will do a circuit there and post similary vid/pics.

Yes, indeed, it's lovely to have my 'toy' back again. Just gotta remember all the keyboard keys needed to press, it started coming back to me yesterday, and I had the back cover of the FS2000 handbook (has a graphic of Concorde on the front) which has the cheat sheet of keys etc. So as my wife is overseas currently, I know what I'll be doing Christmas Day, home alone, simply being very quite at home enjoying a mega flying session!

On 12/14/2023 at 9:52 AM, MAD1 said:

Welcome back to fs 2002 world my friend.