Douglas A-4 Skyhawk

PhrogPhlyer

Ferry flight from Hawaii to Yokosuka. First leg, Midway Island off the nose. 1300nm and a whole lot of ocean. 2200nm to go. Looking forward to a steak and Sapporo beer at the O'club when I get to Yokosuka.

A-4 .jpg

Midway.jpg

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

18 minutes ago, Downwind66 said:

such a long flight!

Thanks Rick. Lots of time to study the NATOPS manual, or read the latest Mad magazine.

Also, this is exactly what the Pacific looked like anytime I flew over it. Lucky I guess.

r/ Dick

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

52 minutes ago, BillD22 said:

iconic bird

Thanks Bill. I was happy to find this early pre-avionics hump model. Sleek and classy.

r/ Dick

phrog x 2.jpg