Infinite Flight?

h.dale

I just upgraded to iPhone 6 and downloaded the Infinite Flight app. I have a pilot's license and have a number of hours in a Cessna 172. The app comes with a free 172 and believe if or not it flys exactly like the real thing and the graphics are very realistic. I have not flown on FSX but for a cheap easy way to fly on a simulator this is hard to beat.

Has anyone else tried this simulator and what is your opinion of it?

Infinite Flight is definitely the best one can get for mobile devices. As said, despite the limitations of mobile devices, it's a purely amazing software. However if you have a moderate to decent PC, I highly recommend you buy P3D or FSX and use the highly realistic A2A Cessna 172 and all those amazing aircrafts (which are even affiliated for real world training). As you are a pilot, P3D is the best for you, or else, FSX is still the best for someone who isn't using P3D :).

Many thanks, I actually have FS9 (2x versions) as will as P3d on my PC. I've a Note2 with quite a few sims, including The Flight, Infinite Flight, Simple Planes (awesome), Extreme Landings & a couple of others. I'm always on the lookout for interesting sims & stuff.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

• 2 months later...

For what it is, I think it's pretty darn cool. If you notice, they keep adding a few more freeware and payware aircraft with multiple liveries each, every couple of months. So they are an expanding outfit.

My only complaint-- unless I'm the one who's doing something wrong-- is I can't seem to find a way to fly more than 30 or so miles from the center boundary of any one city/airport area, before I hit the outer limit of where I can fly and then it either freezes up or kicks me back to the center of that scenery tile. So apparently it's not world wide scenery tiles... at least not yet. But I'm sure they're working on it, and will get there soon.

-- John

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I can't seem to find a way to fly more than 30 or so miles from the center boundary of any one city/airport area, before I hit the outer limit of where I can fly and then it either freezes up or kicks me back to the center of that scenery tile. So apparently it's not world wide scenery tiles... at least not yet. But I'm sure they're working on it, and will get there soon.

Hi Jon! Sorry I'm late to the party, but you're correct. So far it is region-based but they are working on their global model right now. No release date yet, but I think the goal is 2016.

Cheers!

• 5 years later...